Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: Where She Went

Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Publisher: Dutton Books
Page Number: 260
Series: If I Stay Series - Book 2
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
MY RATING:
Hooked!

MY THOUGHTS:

I was left speechless at the end of this book. I was honestly a little scared to read it. I didn't want to ruin the beautiful image my head created after If I Stay. But, I had to see where Gayle Forman took Mia and Adam. So I read it.

"But I'd do it again... Just to know that she's somewhere out there. Alive." Three years after the accident that changed everything, Mia and Adam are living on opposite coasts, living completely different lives. But chance brings the couple together again for one last night. They revisit the past, explore their hearts, their future, and each other.

If I was blown away after If I Stay, I'm not sure how to describe how I feel after Where She Went. I don't feel I can justly review it, but I'll try.

While the first book in the series is from Mia's point of view, the story in this second installment is Adam's. The author once again switches back and forth between past and present day. These flashbacks show the connection between Adam and Mia's stories, a sort of continuity.

Adam's story is breathtaking and unexpected. I am so happy I got a chance to really get to know him through this book. While I did get to know Mia a little better, Where She Went definitely made me feel more connected with Adam.

In If I Stay, Adam begs Mia to live. He promises to let her go, as long as she stays. When Adam and Mia's paths cross again in this second installment, they work through what happened to them and fight all they lost. This book has the same pain and beautiful tragedy that the first book had, but it also has something else. Hope.

PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES:

If I Stay

PURCHASE THIS BOOK:

Amazon ~ Barnes and Noble ~ Borders

FIND GAYLE FORMAN:

Blog ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Website

No comments: