Friday, October 7, 2011

On My Wishlist (October 7)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. But I deviated a little from the way it's done over there. I will post, every Friday, one to three (because I have to give myself a limit) books that I'd love to get my hands on. They can be old, new, or forthcoming releases.

Click here for previous "On My Wishlist" posts.

My Wishlist:

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Dru Anderson has what her grandmother called "the touch." (Comes in handy when you're traveling from town to town with your dad, hunting ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the occasional zombie.)

Then her dad turns up dead - but still walking - and Dru knows she's next. Even worse, she's got two guys hungry for her affections, and they're not about to let the fiercely independent Dru go it alone. Will Dru discover just how special she really is before coming face-to-fang with whatever - or whoever - is hunting her?


 
Divergent by Veronica Roth
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Has anyone read either of these? I'm really curious to know if you enjoyed them. If you haven't read them, would you consider it? What do you think of these books?

6 comments:

Petra said...

I didn't really enjoy Strange Angels, but part of that might be because of the audiobook narrator. She sounds like a lecturer in a boring subject. The story itself didn't interest me as much as I'd hoped and I never really connected with the character, but a lot people seem to enjoy it.

I am one of few that haven't read Divergent yet and just hope I enjoy it as much as everybody else when I do.

On My Wishlist

Mateja @ Lost Without Books said...

I've already read Strange angels and really liked it, though the other book in the series are far better. Haven't read Divergent yet, but really want to. Everyone say it is amazing.

pussreboots said...

Divergent is on my list too. I'm still super busy with school and the new kitten. But I do have a new wish, a picture book I want to read with my daughter. Come see what it is.

Jac said...

Divergent and Insurgent are both at the top of my list - maybe i'll read them together :)

Moonlight Gleam said...

SQUEE!! Don't you just love the covers!!?!? I have both of these books but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I'm waiting for the rest of the strange angels series (to buy them all) so that I could read thema ll at once but of course, I've been spending way too much on books already LOL

Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

neer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have heard of Divergent but not the other one. Hope you are able to get them soon.