Monday, October 3, 2011

Book Report: October


I'm going to share with you the books releasing this month that I can't wait for. I'll be including the title, author, release date (for the U.S.), links for pre-order, the publisher, series name, my thoughts, and summary of the synopsis. So, let's get into it.

UPDATE: Out Now!
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick will be released in the U.S. on October 4, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Simon and Schuster, the print edition has 438 pages.

Silence is the third installment in the Hush, Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick.

I've grown really fond of this series, and after the ending of Crescendo, I've come to the conclusion that publishing companies are in fact trying to kill us. I mean, if that weren't the case, wouldn't they release their books sooner? I think so.

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

UPDATE: Out Now!
Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday will be released in the U.S. on October 11, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by HarperTeen, the print format has 272 pages.

First of all, go to the paragraph below and read the synopsis for this book. Doesn't it sound interesting? I can't think of a book with a plot like that. I am beyond intrigued to know if Deadly Cool is as killer as it sounds *shameless pun*.

First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously?
 
As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.
 
I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.

UPDATE: Out Now!
Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl will be released in the U.S. on October 18, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Little, Brown Books, the print edition has 528 pages.

Beautiful Chaos is the third installment in the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

The first two books in this series fascinated me enough that I'm willing to purchase the third. The characters are my main concern with this series, but I love the story and will continue reading it.

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

UPDATE: Out Now!
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa will be released in the U.S. on October 25, 2011, in hardcover, paperback, and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in all formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Harlequin, the print edition has 386 pages.

The Iron Knight is the fourth and final installment in the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa.

You know how you can tell a series is good? When you want the fourth book before even reading the second and third. After The Iron King, I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series. Even better, The Iron Knight is from Ash's point of view...

My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.

I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.
 
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…

No comments: