Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (September 13)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser:

 
"I crawl now, through the mud, dragging myself toward the scent. Five yards from where I fell, I crawl through a tangle of plants into a pond. Floating on the top, yellow flowers in bloom, are my lilies."
~pg. 178, "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins

I am so excited to be starting The Hunger Games today! I've heard awesome things, and I hope I'll enjoy it.

Also, just a note of apology. I am SO sorry that it's taking me so long to post my review of Deception by Lee Nichols. I've been terribly busy and haven't quite finished typing it yet. Should be up soon. Cross your fingers I'm not swamped with work... again.

1 comment:

GraceKrispy said...

I love that book! I'm sure you'll love it too :) (is that wave noise coming from your site? it's sort of freaking me out! lol)

Here’s my teaser!