Friday, September 23, 2011

On My Wishlist (September 23)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. But I deviated a little from the way it's done over there. I will post, every Friday, one to three (because I have to give myself a limit) books that I'd love to get my hands on. They can be old, new, or forthcoming releases.

Click here for previous "On My Wishlist" posts.

My Wishlist:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

I'm very eager to read Catching Fire after finishing The Hunger Games last week. As far as The Iron Daughter goes, I'm little more than half way through The Iron King and already eager to keep going. What do you think of these books?

No comments: