Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Report: September


Book Report is a new monthly feature here at FBH. On the first of each month (yes I know it's the second), I'll be sharing with you the books releasing that month that I can't wait for. I'll be including the title, author, release date (for the U.S.), links for pre-order, the publisher, series name, my thoughts, and summary of the synopsis. So, let's get into it.


UPDATE: Out Now!
The Hidden by Jessica Verday will be released in the U.S. on September 6, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Simon Pulse, the print edition has 389 pages.

The Hidden is the third and final installment in The Hollow trilogy by Jessica Verday.

I have had The Hidden pre-ordered for almost two months now. I love this series, and I am beyond excited to actually get to read this book. It is imperative that I find out what happens to Abbey and Caspian. I heard the ending to this one was really unexpected, which just makes the wait for this book that much longer.

The Hidden starts just after the climatic ending of The Haunted. Abbey and Caspain's bond has continued to transcend everything, even death. But as Abbey finally starts to learn the truth of what links her to Caspian and ties them both to Sleepy Hollow, she's left with extremely hard choices to make. Caspian is the love of Abbey's life, but is it worth dying for?

UPDATE: Out Now!
After Obession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel will be released in the U.S. on September 13, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Bloomsbury USA, the print format has 320 pages.

I did a Cover Crazy on this book a few weeks ago. I just LOVE it. It's gorgeous, and I know you're not suppossed to judge a book by it's cover, but I'm drawn to this book now. I can't help wanting to know what lies between this gorgeous cover.

Aimee and Alan both have unusual pasts and abilities they'd prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other, they can't help their secrets from spilling out. They both feel like someone's been haunting them... but they're wrong. It's Alan's cousin Courtney who has invited a demon into her body. Aimee and Alan are the only one's who can exorcize the ghost, and they'll have to work quickly before it devours, not only Courtney, but everything around her.

UPDATE: Out Now!
Matched by Ally Condie will be released in the U.S. on September 20, 2011, in paperback. It is available for pre-order online on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Penguin Group, the paperback edition has 400 pages.

Matched is the first book in Matched trilogy by Ally Condie.

I have heard some good things about this book, but I never actually purchased it. Now that it's coming out in paperback I will hopefully be able to pick it up.

Cassia always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her. At her matching ceremony, Xander's face appears on-screen and she knows he is her ideal match... until Ky Markham's face flashes for just a second before the screen goes blank.

Even though the Society assures her it was just a malfunction, Cassia can't get Ky out of her head. As they start to fall in love, she's faced with a choice to stick with the only life she's ever known, or to follow a path no one else dared to follow.

UPDATE: Out Now!
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong will be released in the U.S. on September 20, 2011, in paperback and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by HarperCollins, the print edition has 464 pages.

Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions is a young adult anthology edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong.

I think I first saw this on Rachel Vincent's blog. I was so excited to read the story she had written... and then I saw all the other amazing authors contributing to this anthology.

This is a list of all the story's and authors:

Giovanni’s Farewell by Claudia Gray
Scenic Route by Carrie Ryan
IV League by Margaret Stohl
Red Run by Kami Garcia
Things About Love by Jackson Pearce
Niederwald by Rachel Vincent
A Mortal Winter King by Melissa Marr
Facing Facts by Kelley Armstrong
Let’s Get This Undead Show on the Road by Sarah Rees Brennan
Bridge by Jeri Smith-Ready
Skin Contact by Kimberly Derting
Leaving by Ally Condie
At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show by Jessica Verday
Gargouille by Mary E. Pearson
The Third Kind by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Automatic by Rachel Caine

I seriously love almost every single one of these authors!

UPDATE: Out Now!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin will be released in the U.S. on September 27, 2011, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Simon and Schuster, the print edition has 450 pages.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is the first book in the Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin.

This is another one that I've heard such good things about. I also love the cover. Yep. And because I don't even know how to begin summarizing the synopsis, you can have the actual synopsis from Goodreads.

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
 
It can.
 
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
 
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.

UPDATE: Out Now!
If I Die by Rachel Vincent will be released in the U.S. on September 27, 2011, in paperback and eBook formats. It is available for pre-order online in both formats on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Published by Harelquin Teen, the print edition has 342 pages.

If I Die is the fifth full-length novel in the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.

I pre-ordered this one along with The Hidden. This is probably my most anticipated release of the month. You have no idea how excited I am to read If I Die. I've already heard amazing things about it, and I loved the first four in the series, leaving me with no doubt that I will adore this book.

While everyone else is obsessing over East Lake High's new math teacher, Kaylee has other things on her mind. As a banshee, her scream is a portent of death, and the next scream might hit a little too close to home.

Kaylee's borrowed lifeline has almost run out. As a distraction, Kaylee is determined to protect her school from it's latest threat. Turns out Mr. Beck is really an incubus feeding from the desires of his students. Now Kaylee and Sabine, Nash's delinquent ex-girlfriend, have to work together to get rid of Mr. Beck... before he finds out they're not human either. And before Kaylee runs out of time.

No comments: