Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (August 2)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

Teaser:

So, I'm still kind of reading City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare... See, I was reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte for school and... How about another City of Fallen Angels teaser?

 "But maybe everyone felt that way? Until the moment they realized they were just like everyone else, and everything they'd thought was real shattered apart."

~pg 114, "City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare


Here, have a Jane Eyre teaser, too!

"Not a tear rose to Burns' eye; and, while I paused from my sewing, because my fingers quivered at this spectacle with a sentiment of unavailing and impotent anger, not a feature of her pensive face altered its ordinary expression."

~ pg. 231, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte


Want to share a teaser?

6 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, great teasers...I love how different they are.

Here's MY TT POST

Christin said...

Great teasers! I absolutely love Jane Eyre!

New follower :)

My Teaser

Jessica said...

City of Fallen Angels sounds really good!
I'm a new follower too

Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

Cecelia said...

Ah, love that teaser from Jane Eyre! Have you checked out the new film version? It was quite good.

If you'd like, you can check out my teaser here.

Rebecca said...

Oh, both teasers are great. I have Jayne Eyre and really should read it. Then I know I probably should get to The Mortal Instruments too! Have heard amazing things about it!

My teaser can be found here! It's from the first page and I was intrigued right away!

GraceKrispy said...

I loved Jayne Eyre. I haven't read it for a while!

Come visit MotherLode’s teaser!