Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (August 16)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser:


"It showed a little girl on a swing, her hair streaming behind her and her feet pointed forward in the perfect expression of action and innocence. But behind her lay a wasteland -- some kind of junkyard. The whole image was colored in the muted, hopeless tones of waste and destruction."
~pg. 329, "From Bad to Cursed" by Katie Alender

I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cover to be extremely creepy. What's your teaser this week?

7 comments:

TBM said...

Great teaser!

Here's mine:

http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/teaser-tuesday-aug-16/

Kathy Martin said...

Now that is an image to dwell on! Great teaser and cool cover too. Mine are much "fluffier." My teasers are from Supernaturally by Kiersten White and Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis. Happy reading!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Oh what showed this. That is distressing.

My teaser is from Going Bovine. I hope you will stop by for a visit and follow if you enjoy.

Ange said...

Awesome teaser. The cover does look a little creepy to me too. Happy Reading
Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
My Teaser: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-18.html

Kyanara_night said...

Interesting teaser!

Have a wonderfull tuesday.
Kyanara

Anya Millar said...

Very creepy. Nice teaser though.

Here's mine - House Millar - TT

Aine

Sally said...

Great teaser. I loved the first book so I really need to get my hands on this one.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-32.html