Friday, August 26, 2011

On My Wishlist (August 26)


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. But I deviated a little from the way it's done over there. I will post, every Friday, one to three (because I have to give myself a limit) books that I'd love to get my hands on. They can be old, new, or forthcoming releases.

Click here for previous "On My Wishlist" posts.

My Wishlist:

The Hidden by Jessica Verday
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

A love that knows no bounds.

Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for?

Beautifully spun, emotionally gripping, and irresistibly romantic, The Hidden will leave you breathless.

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.
 
So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.
 
When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.
 
But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.

I have The Hidden preordered, but I'm not sure I can wait until September... Anna Dressed in Blood comes out on August 30. What do you think of these books?

9 comments:

BJ @ Dark Side of the Covers said...

I've got Anna Dressed in Blood on my TBR, too. Have heard great things about it, and that cover is fantastic. (No, you can't judge a book by its cover...but honestly, they do have an influence, don't you think?)

Thanks for the blog visit! :)

Peggy said...

Hi, new follower! Anna Dressed in Blood is on my wishlist as well! Here is my wishlist post: Pawing Through Books

Safari Poet said...

I can't wait to read Anna Dressed In Blood. I've never read a horror book before and I still need to read book 2 in The Hollow series.

On My Wishlist

Lost In Literature said...

Anna Dressed in Blood sounds really good! Hope you get these books soon! :)

On My Wishlist

Lisa @ Lost in Literature

Tia said...

I'm looking forward to reading Anna Dress In Blood soon too!

On My Wishlist

Sabrina said...

"Anna dressed in blood" looks and sounds great!

pussreboots said...

This week I'm wishing for a new book by Sarah Weeks. Please come see what it is.

Maria Behar said...

Hi, April! I really like the cover of "The Hidden", and the plot sounds simply amazing, as well as very romantic!! I've got to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing!! : )

Here's my OMW post:

http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-11.html

April said...

Maria:

I love the cover of "The Hidden" too. It's the last book in "The Hollow" trilogy, which is one of my favorite series. It's definitely romantic!

- April