Friday, August 19, 2011

On My Wishlist (August 19)


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. But I deviated a little from the way it's done over there. I will post, every Friday, one to three (because I have to give myself a limit) books that I'd love to get my hands on. They can be old, new, or forthcoming releases.

Click here for previous "On My Wishlist" posts.

My Wishlist:

Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Locked away at Pecan Place, Jessie finds her situation to be even more dangerous than she feared. While she struggles to maintain her sanity and discover answers about the group that seems less and less like any legitimate government agency, Pietr fights to keep their relationship alive. But very aware that his mother’s time is running out, Pietr makes a deal he doesn’t dare tell Jessie about. Because the deal Pietr’s made could mean the death of far more than his tenuous relationship with the girl he loves.


The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

In 1897 England, sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne has no one except the "thing" inside her.

When a young lord tries to take advantage of Finley, she fights back. And wins. But no normal Victorian girl has a darker side that makes her capable of knocking out a full-grown man with one punch...

Only Griffin King sees the magical darkness inside her that says she's special, says she's one of them. The orphaned duke takes her in from the gaslit streets against the wishes of his band of misfits. Emily, who has her own special abilities and an unrequited love for Sam, who is part robot; and Jasper, an American cowboy with a shadowy secret.

Griffin's investigating a criminal called The Machinist, the mastermind behind several recent crimes by automatons. Finley thinks she can help-and finally be a part of something, finally fit in.

But The Machinist wants to tear Griff's little company of strays apart, and it isn't long before trust is tested on all sides. At least Finley knows whose side she's on, even if it seems no one believes her.


I want them... What's on your wishlist?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Great picks! I think I have The Girl in the Steel Corset in my TBR list :) Bargains and Betrayals sounds quite interesting too.
New follower
My Wishlist

samantha.1020 said...

I can't wait to read The Girl in the Steel Corset myself. Such a gorgeous cover!

Maria Behar said...

Hi! I'm a new follower, and I LOVE your blog! It's so beautiful!! The content is great, too!!

These are two AWESOME picks you have here!! I want them both, too!!! Thanks for the recommendations!

Have a wonderful weekend! : )

Here's my OMW post:

http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-10.html

Barbara said...

Both books look great - I love that Kady Cross has started a new YA steampunk series!

My Wishlist

Sabrina said...

Great choices.
I reda the book by Kady Cross and it was very entertaining.