Monday, August 1, 2011

Cover Crazy: Shattered Souls

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms.

Here is how Cover Crazy works:
  1. Cover Crazy will be posted on Mondays.
  2. Each week I will show a cover that I am completely crazy about.
  3. The point of this meme is to admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, but I will also provide a synopsis along with the title, author, and of course cover picture and what I like about it.
  4. In the comments section below, please feel free to share your thoughts, feelings, inspirations, etc. about the cover (but be respectful about it).
  5. If you decide to start your own Cover Crazy, please give credit to The Book Worms.
My cover this week is:

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

Isn't it pretty? I saw it while browsing and gah! I love the color of the dress, but more importantly the way it breaks off into petals. It's sort of eerie and sad, right? I also love the font used for the title. And, of course, the "Love, Death, Destiny, Danger" thing makes me wish I had this book even more.

SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon. 


 What do you think about this cover?

2 comments:

Alpa said...

what a coincidence.This is my cover crush as well. I saw author victoria shwab to read notification on good read and just loved the cover.
Alpa

Cleo said...

Wow, that dress is amazing!! I love the color and how it breaks into petals. Great pick this week!