Monday, August 22, 2011

Cover Crazy: Everneath


Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms.

Here is how Cover Crazy works:
  1. Cover Crazy will be posted on Mondays.
  2. Each week I will show a cover that I am completely crazy about.
  3. The point of this meme is to admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, but I will also provide a synopsis along with the title, author, and of course cover picture and what I like about it.
  4. In the comments section below, please feel free to share your thoughts, feelings, inspirations, etc. about the cover (but be respectful about it).
  5. If you decide to start your own Cover Crazy, please give credit to The Book Worms.

This week's cover is:

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

One of these days, I'm going to find a cover without a girl in a pretty dress. Maybe... Ok, first thing I love: the smoke/fog. It makes it creepy and mysterious, and I can definitely see the connection with the summary. Her dress, while it may not have anything to do with the story, is of course, gorgeous. I especially love the way it almost turns into the smoke. Or merges with it. Which ever you prefer.

SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

What's your cover this week?

3 comments:

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

I don't think that I'm ever going to get sick of seeing this cover. It's absolutely gorgeous! I featured it in one of my previous editions of Cover Crazy. I hear ya about art work featuring girls in pretty dresses though! LOL

My Cover Crazy

Gina @ My Precious said...

I've seen this one around but I still think its beautiful. The reds in this one are just so feathery and flowing. I am a slight bit bothered by the cropping off of the woman's head, though.

Andrea said...

This is gorgeous. I used it awhile back and can't get enough! I love the dress and smoke.

Reading Lark's Cover Crazy