Monday, August 29, 2011

Cover Crazy: Elemental Reality

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms.

Here is how Cover Crazy works:
  1. Cover Crazy will be posted on Mondays.
  2. Each week I will show a cover that I am completely crazy about.
  3. The point of this meme is to admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, but I will also provide a synopsis along with the title, author, and of course cover picture and what I like about it.
  4. In the comments section below, please feel free to share your thoughts, feelings, inspirations, etc. about the cover (but be respectful about it).
  5. If you decide to start your own Cover Crazy, please give credit to The Book Worms.

This week's cover is:

Elemental Reality by Cesya Marae Cuono

I think my favorite thing about this cover is the background. I love the colors. I also love the way the sun looks through the clouds. Of course I also like the dress... Who saw that coming? But the dress was not what immediately drew me to the cover, which both surprises and pleases me.

SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

When Callie Pierce was ten, her mother disappeared without a trace. On the eve of her disappearance twelve years later, the earth seemingly comes alive. The elements speak to Callie, and that's only the beginning. Everything she has ever known was a twisted fabrication to protect her. Now the truth is set free. Callie and her sister are more powerful than any Faerie ever born. Now they have to use their powers to save their mother and family from the evil hands of fate that threaten to tear them apart. Welcome to her elemental reality.

What's your cover this week?

No comments: