Friday, July 29, 2011

On My Wishlist (July 29)


On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. But I deviated a little from the way it's done over there. I will post, every Friday, one to three (because I have to give myself a limit) books that I'd love to get my hands on. They can be old, new, or forthcoming releases.

So...

My Wishlist:

Hourglass by Myra McEntire ~ haven't gotten a chance to purchase
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.


Supernaturally by Kiersten White ~ purchased but not in possession
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater ~ purchased but not in possession
SYNOPSIS VIA GOODREADS

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater. In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.



Ugggghhhh! I want these books! What's on your wishlist?

6 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

I'm your first follower. Makes me feel special. Good wishlist. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

pussreboots said...

I just grabbed Paranormalcy from the library. My wishlist is at 871 and this week's featured wish is Coastliners by Joanne Harris. Please come see what else I'm wishing for.

Hannah Mariska said...

Just read Forever - its really good. The other two are definitely on my wishlist!

Amy said...

Oh I just added Supernaturally , I've heard good things about it.
Amy's Wishlist

Kristin said...

I like your choices. They are on my TBR list too.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

BookBreather said...

I love this list. These are definitely all on my TBR pile. I hope you get to read them and enjoy them :)

Here's what's on my wishlist.